Oh the Wonderful Food...

This week Central Baptist had our fellowship food donated by Del Ran Panera (they rock). We had some left over bread at the end of the fellowship time and I decided to grab the 4 loaves of Ciabatta bread that remained and try my hand at grilled panini sandwiches. All I can say is...yummy!

These pictures are actually from my second round of making the paninis which consisted of some simple ingredients for the finished product. The base was just some boneless chicken cutlets which I pounded down to help it fit in the sandwich better - and to that I added some grilled peppers (the frozen pepper trio from Trader Joes works great), shredded mozzarella, and a pinch of oregano. Next time I do this I think I'll go out and get some fresh basil to add the finishing touch - but even without it the sandwiches were very tasty. I can't wait to experiment some more!

Oh, by the way, if you have a grill plate for veggies it makes a great weight for the sandwiches when they're on the grill!






Comments

Popular Posts