The wii has landed...

Well, it was purchased back in August and sat in it's box until the week of Thanksgiving when my awesome wife let me take it out and get it set up while I was on vacation. We've been playing around with it here and there when the kids went to bed - but now it's all out in the open.

A man in Central who is getting married next month is part of a local fire department - every year he dresses as Santa and goes around delivering presents to kids - and this year he wanted us to be on the list. We wondered what present we wanted to be opened a bit early and thought, "Why not the wii? It'll save us the trouble of making sure it gets opened first on Christmas morning." So we gave this guy our empty wii box, set up the wii on the TV, and hung out with the TV "closed" this evening - until "Santa" came (neither of my kids "believe" in Santa, my daughter asked me point-blank about the whole Santa thing when she was in kindergarten and my son knows we're the one's who get presents - but it's fun). When the fire truck rolled up - the household went awesomely nuts. Watch the video to see how much.

One a side note, my daughter then made sure we read a book called The Quiltmaker for bedtime - it's abotu giving rather than receiving, and was a great way to say, "Yes, this is fun - but our lives have to be different, we need to bless others." Anyway, enjoy the madness:



Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow... you're daughter has that whole female excited scream thing down.

Very cool video.
John said…
And of course by you're I mean your. Man.. I committed my own pet peeve...
CoffeeZombie said…
Ya know, when they opened the box, I was totally expecting another, "Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUR!" video. :-D

Man, stuff like this makes me really look forward to having kids; especially having kids that are old enough to get excited over stuff like this.

I love the part about the guy dressing up as Santa and delivering presents from a firetruck. That's just awesome.

Popular Posts