Pura Vida

I think I let it be known on this blog that, currently, my favorite coffee is Trader Joe's Organic, Fair Trade, Sumatra. It's yummy (and they are currently out of it in my area so I'm currently drinking the Organic, Fair Trade, Ethiopian). I really enjoy coffee, and I do go out of my way to make sure that I purchase coffee that I know is providing a living wage for the people who are growing it - that's important to me. It's actually the very least I can do.

If I could easily get Pura Vida Coffee in my area (I hate paying shipping) I'd do that in a heart beat. These folks have the right idea - a for-profit company controlled by a non-profit organization that does ministry in some of the worlds coffee growing regions. You can watch the image below - but they leave out the story that lead to the company's founding, which you can read here (free registration required, sorry). Needless to say, I like these guys.

After you read the story of the company's founding - go ahead and watch the video below that talks about the work they do (sadly, it's leaves out Pura Vida's Christian impulse for the work). I'd love to start serving this coffee at Central.




Comments

Popular Posts